Keep the kids entertained over Easter weekend with these five easy craft ideas. Photo / 123rf
Easter weekend may still seem like a few lockdown days right now, but there are plenty of ways to make it special for kids this year.
Why not try one of these easy Easter crafts? They will entertain the children for a few hours and add a festive decor to your bubble. READ MORE:
• Premium – Coronavirus Covid 19: Hundreds of thousands of dollars in Easter eggs could be wasted
• Easter in Taranaki will be different this year – according to Taranaki Civil Defense
• Coronavirus Covid 19: Nick Ferrari says Jacinda Ardern is wrong to call the Easter bunny essential
• Coronavirus Covid 19: the police set up checkpoints at Easter
1. Rabbit in toilet paper roll
This adorable craft idea from thebestideasforkids.com requires toilet paper roll, card, googly eyes, pom poms, and pipe cleaners. Gluing the objects together and cutting out the shapes is best done with the help of a parent.
2. Paper rabbits
This art project from onelittleproject.com can be done with scissors, paper and pens or pencils.
3. Easter bunny handprint
For this artwork from the Snacks and Demands YouTube channel, you’ll need canvas, paint, and – you guessed it – your hands. Dip your palm and four fingers in white paint, parting your fingers to create the bunny ears. Tap the canvas and go!
4. Egg Grass Heads
This craft combines Easter with a bit of gardening, ideal if your kids have budding green thumbs. Here is a tutorial from mothernatured.com. You will need hard-boiled eggs, grass seeds, markers and a little imagination.
5. Colored eggs
And finally, it’s a classic Easter activity that’s been around for years – here’s how to dye your own eggs at happyhooligans.ca. You can use food coloring or watercolor for this – depending on whether or not you want to eat your eggs.