Extracurricular activities are an integral part of your child’s development. Arts and crafts activities interest the majority of children, and it is the one thing that never bores them. Here are the best creative ideas that your kids can participate in that not only act as a leisure activity but also help in their brain development. Allowing children to express themselves freely and creatively in life makes them mentally happy and boosts their self-esteem.
READ ALSO | Florida: Pit Bull sacrifices himself to save his children from a poisonous snake
Top-rated arts and crafts ideas for kids
- ceramic art – Children love to shape their imaginations, and there’s nothing better than creating art with clay. The only thing to be careful about is that the dough should be non-toxic because children are bound to be tempted to taste the dough. Children enjoy pottery activities the most because they get an unusual level of satisfaction from getting their hands dirty while being creative.
- Origami art – This is a Japanese art where paper is used to create various shapes and designs. This is a fun activity where children can create different formations using the technique of paper folding. Origami can help improve your child’s spatial awareness. Many difficult formations can be made using origami as it is a very popular art form.
READ ALSO | Holiday activities for kids that will make holidays fun!
- Gift tags – Let your kids break free and express their creativity by making DIY gift tags for the holidays this fall. Creating gift tags with your kids will ensure you have some quality time with your kids and you can make it an annual ritual where you create gift tags every holiday season.
- drawing painting – Art is incomplete without drawing/painting activities. Be sure to get your child used to all types of art so they can choose the one they like the most. Drawing and painting is a lot of fun because children can experiment with lots of colors, whether it’s watercolor / oil painting / gouache / crayons / carbon pencil sketches, etc.
- The art of pencil shaving – Preparing art with pencil shavings is a great way to recycle waste. Crayon shavings are delicate and should be handled with care when children are tinkering with them. Kids can even use a combination of pencil shavings and drawings to create their own masterpiece.
READ ALSO | Gwyneth Paltrow hilariously calls her kids on TV
Fun indoor activities for kids
Here are some other games kids can play during the holiday season, allowing them to have fun while on par with extracurricular activities.
- Make Lego trainings
- Play block game
- DIY Laser Maze
- Coloring books
- Origami bookmarks
- The art of the tie-die
- straw art
READ ALSO | Judge blocks President Trump’s rules for detained migrant children